This recipe is incredibly similar to the other baked oats recipe- you follow similar steps but just change up the ingredients.
I’ve adapted this recipe to suit my personal preferences. I’d give it a go and if you’re crazy about almonds maybe throw a bit extra in there, as well as decorate with whole almonds for an extra crunch. If you’re tempted to sweeten it, drizzle some maple syrup on top (maple syrup and banana are a dreamy combo, trust me).
I’d recommend having these as a breakfast dish or a healthy dessert. This is such a healthy and nutritious breakfast as it combines oatmeal which is an amazing complex carb (for slow releasing energy), good fats (from yoghurt, almond milk and almonds) and protein from the egg and yoghurt. To those who are interested, the macros are:
- Carbohydrates- 65g
- Fat- 14g
- Protein- 18g
If you give this a go, take a picture and send me your beautiful creation! I’d love to see how you do! This recipe is for 1 serving. So, without further adieu, here we go:
- 40g rolled oats
- 90g yoghurt (I used natural fat free as it was the one that was open in the house- but get creative! I recommend Rachel’s vanilla yoghurt- it is INCREDIBLE)
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 banana mashed, and keep half for decorating the top!
- 1 heaped tsp honey (or sweetener of your choice)
- Sprinkle of ground almonds
- 50ml almond milk (opt.- if you like a slightly moister texture, I’d add a bit of milk to this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C if you have a fan oven).
- In an oven proof dish (I used a mini casserole dish) mix all the ingredients together.
- Place in the oven, and leave for approx. 30 mins. You’ll be able to tell when they’re done by the golden brown top (and the heavenly smell in your kitchen!)
- Decorate with the reserved banana, and some extra ground almonds too.
- If you’re having this for breakfast, serve with some yoghurt and maybe a drizzle of maple syrup if you’re feeling sweet! If this is more of a dessert dish, treat yourself to some frozen yoghurt, ice-cream and custard. You deserve it.