So I’m going to keep this post short and snappy, as I know I’ve already done a post about upper body training before, which delineated the reasons why you should be training that upper body, and not neglecting it to solely work on your glutes! (I know the booty hype is tempting, but c’mon people, balance…)
This is another upper body push work out that I’ve been enjoying recently. It’s really important that you mix up your work outs so your body doesn’t go in to a state of stagnation.
mix up your work outs so your body doesn’t go in to a state of stagnation
I also find that doing the same workout over and over is unbelievably boring. You don’t want to find your work out a chore- far from it! You want it to be something that keeps you pumped for the day, and when you do it, you’re releasing as many endorphins as possible.
You want to be in such a good mood you’re that really annoying friend that talks all about their work out, and how great you feel from it.
This is another short, intense workout that only requires yourself, a pair of dumbells (I strongly advise investing in some, they’re super cheap and allow you to squeeze in workouts without excuses of not having time to head to the gym) and ideally a bench. I literally use an old chest and put a blanket over it. Get creative.
- Push ups 4 x amrap
- Superset with: Dips 4 x amrap
- SA overhead shoulder press 4 x 8 (these are great for your obliques)
- Superset with: Tricep Overhead Extension 4 x 8
- Front Dumbell Raise 4 x 10
- Superset with: Side Dumbell Raise 4 x 10
- Finisher: Single Arm Dumbell Bench Press 4 x amrap (these are great for your obliques)
- Superset with: Alternate Plank 4 x 30 secs